Thursday, February 17, 2011

Its My Life (no pun intended)

Ok so here I am, after about a month's break from my blog. So this is just going be about what happened today...and how I'm feeling right now.

I went to school today after about a week and a half's break. Was super happy at first to see all my friends. We had our general session of laughing and catching up on whatever we missed. Then we made our way to class and sobered up a little, because after all we were here to see our second pre-board papers. Then the first paper that we got was English (pretty good), then came Sanskrit (freaking amazing), then came math (not bad but could have done way better), science (pretty good) and the last one social (absolutely horrifying). But the over all impact of the whole thing was not bad. Then we had the torturous-ly  boring practice of the "candle ceremony" (its this thing where we apparently pass on the light of the school to our juniors...you are better off not knowing the details)...

Then after the usual session of taking photos outside school..i came back home. Told my mom my marks- her reaction, absolutely nothing. Then for a change my dad calls me up from work , to ask me my marks (really weird). All he asks is "Are you happy with your marks?"...."I am, I guess" I reply. 
This got me thinking....Do I take my parent's for granted? They have been immensely supportive of me, no matter what I do...but maybe I'm not living up to their expectations. And then just like that I realized...maybe I'm not living up to my expectations. Isn't that what matters at the end? After all you have to live with yourself for the rest of your life, so the only person you have to live up to is yourself...Have I lived up to myself? I don't know honestly...a moment ago i felt i didn't but now again I feel that I do... 42 seconds ago my friend posted on Facebook and i quote " expectations are a bitch. they suck everything out of u. but never give u happiness." Maybe he's right maybe I'm being too hard on myself, i don't know...But one thing that I learnt today is...If I don't get that sense of satisfaction, then I don't think its worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment